The designated official, who should have all the necessary information, including a report on the progress of the child, should submit a written agreement on mobility to make the decision. Children`s homes can be run either by local authorities or by private or voluntary organisations such as Barnardo. They are run by paid staff. In general, children in children`s homes are generally older. If you are under the age of 12, you will be placed in foster homes if possible. If the child`s social worker feels that a child in care requires a secure placement and the social worker, after consultation with the Agency`s decision-maker, goes to secure children`s homes (referents) in order to find appropriate mediation. If the child is placed in section 20, an agreement with the parent is clearly necessary. If the child is hosted by the local authority as part of voluntary measures, you retain the full parental right as a parent. Consider children and adolescents who, at the request of their parents, are generally cared for and housed by nurses. So it is a voluntary agreement. Before being admitted to secure Accommodation, a written mediation agreement should be reached between the local authority and the parents with respect to the purpose of admission, the expected duration and the terms of the closing of the intermediation (see also section 7.2, placement planning). Their right as a child or parent to advise on the child`s place of residence depends on whether the child is being cared for under coercive measures or whether the scheme is voluntary. If you are hosted voluntarily, all parties involved should try to agree on the terms of contact with you.

The local authority cannot stop contact between you and your parents. If the local authority is concerned that contact may be limited or interrupted, it must refer your case to the children`s hearing for examination or go to court. If you are a child in the care of the local authority, you have the right to ask yourself what is happening to you. This does not mean that you always get what you want, but that your opinions should be taken seriously. Becoming (formerly, who cares? Trust) 15-18 White Lion StreetLondreN1 9PG Tel: 0800 377 7330Phone: 0790 049 4372Fax: 0 800 377 7331E-Mail: This organisation offers advocacy services for young derobisoders in care or nursing. Note - Investments in Scotland: Schedule 1, Children and Social Work Act 2017, which came into force in May 2017, now allows local authorities to deploy in safe housing under Sect 25 (1989 Children Act) by changing the Children Act 1989: Children Act 1989; children`s Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011 and children`s Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011 (Consequential and Transitional Provisions, etc.) 2013; The Children (Secure Accommodation) Regulations 1991; Secure Accommodation (Scotland) Regulations 2013 and Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014. A sign of progress will be when the child is "mobility" and out of the unit, albeit from an accompanying and planned point of view. The social worker must also inform the child`s independent supervisor and arrange for a review meeting within 28 days - see verification procedure for safe housing (criteria).